Adopted on the 6th day of November 2015
The following Code of Conduct is proposed for Members of The Chartered Society of Forensic Sciences by the Council of The Chartered Society of Forensic Sciences.
* Observe the provisions of the Charter & Bye Laws and Code of Conduct of the Society and any regulations made there under.
* Promote to the utmost of their power the interests of the Society.
* Maintain the dignity and welfare of the Society.
* Conduct themselves honourably in the practice of their profession.
* Have special regard at all times to the public interest and to the maintenance of the highest standards of competence and integrity.
Professional Members must additionally;
* Only undertake any forensic activity commensurate with and in the field within which they are registered or accredited by the Society.
* Observe the Forensic Regulator’s code of conduct https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/forensic-science-providers- codes-of-practice-and-conduct-2014 and the Criminal Procedure rules https://www.justice.gov.uk/courts/procedure-rules/criminal in conducting their professional business.
3. In order to fulfil their duty under this Code of Conduct Members shall give due attention to any general guidance on the subject of professional conduct and advice on specific questions and shall conform to any rulings thereon that may be approved and issued from time to time by the Council of the Society.
4. The Council of The Chartered Society of Forensic Sciences, through the Membership & Ethics committee (MEC), may expel any members who do not act in accordance with the code of conduct or who are deemed to bring the Society into disrepute by their actions or for any other reason as decided by MEC committee
CSFS Code of Conduct 2015
CSFS Disciplinary Regulations
CSFS Policy document 2015
Should you wish to lodge a complaint please email firstname.lastname@example.org and mark for the attention of the Honorary Secretary.
CSFS Complaints procedure
The Chartered Society of Forensic Sciences
Copthall Bridge House, Station Bridge
Telephone +44 (0)1423 790 391